Web technologies are constantly evolving. So, the emergence of HTML5 turned a lot of things literally upside down. HTML5 browsers are very changeable, with each update making its own adjustments. And all this requires modern tools to develop interactive solutions.
Today, Node is widely regarded as one of the leading web development platforms, and most web tools, server-side and client-side, work with this tool. But let's take a closer look. And let's start with the history of Node.js.
In addition, the advantages of the platform include:
- Rich standard library. The platform initially had a wide range of features, and in new versions the library is being replenished and improved.
- Huge external libraries and ready-made modules. Using the NPM package manager allows you to continually evolve the Node. Today the number of open source packages in it has exceeded 500 thousand and is constantly growing.
Thousands of interested programmers from different countries are working on the constant improvement of the platform. The project is distributed as open source, and therefore develops at a tremendous pace. The Node.js Foundation coordinates the work.
A huge number of libraries are used to expand the developer's capabilities. Below are some of the most popular ones:
- Meteor is a powerful framework for working with code both on the server and on the client.
- Next.js is a library for server-side rendering of React code.
- Express is one of the most powerful general purpose server frameworks out there.
- Micro is a lightweight and compact yet feature-rich library for HTTP microservers.
- Koa is a revised version of the Express library. The framework turned out to be just as powerful, but at the same time more compact.
- Socket.io is one of the most popular application libraries that interact with clients in real time.
Modern technologies have long and firmly changed our lives. On the one hand, we made many things easier and more convenient, on the other hand, with the advent of the Internet, the world began to change rapidly: new specialties appeared, and some professions, on the contrary, disappeared, new tools for solving everyday tasks appeared. But at the same time, there is still not enough time to complete these tasks.read more
In the last part, we have set up our RN project, iOS certs, and profiles and the fastlane deployment. Now we can use all of this in the Bitrise panel!read more